If you’ve just started looking online for various businesses to start but don’t know where to begin, blogging is a great way to get started. It’s easy and very affordable to enter into this business.
I’m a big fan of blogging, mainly because I really enjoy writing and sharing my knowledge with the world. If you feel like you have some great information you can share with the world, then the blogging business may just be the right business for you!
This article covers the basic introduction to blogging as a business.
First and foremost, let me cover some basics first.
What is blogging?
Blogging is simply a method in which you write down your thoughts and ideas onto a website. That’s it, that’s all there is to it.
What makes it different from the typical websites that you have an incredible easy to use interface that enables you to update your website content yourself. All you need to is login to a certain page, click on add new post and start writing! It’s that easy. No need to hire a web designer or developer to upload content yourself.
When you write your own content and click on “publish” your content goes online immediately, no need to wait for your web designer or developer to make the changes.
What is blogging best used for?
Blogging is normally best used for people who want to voice their own opinion on a particular topic or life in general. You’ll see so many blogs out there of people who write about nearly everything in their lives, from their career, health, children and so forth.
Many businesses these days have embraced the nature of blogs and have started using it to enhance their brand awareness.
The advantages of the blogging business?
There are many advantages of blogging, here they are:
- It’s easy to get started. Starting a blog is extremely easy. It’s a lot easier than starting a normal business offline. You don’t need to go anywhere, sign any papers and make any payments. All you need to do is simply log into a website, register your details and you’re up and running in a matter of minutes.
- Low cost of entry. With normal businesses, you’ll find that you’ll need to spend a fortune to get your business up and running. You need to spend money on paperwork, registration, office lease, computers, electrical, etc. With a blogging business, you don’t need to spend any money at all! If you want to go professional, all you need is a domain name and hosting provider which will only cost around $80 – $100. That’s it!
- Low risk. When you start a blogging business, there’s very little risk of losing a heap of money. With traditional businesses, you fork out heaps of cash and risk losing it all if it all goes bad. With a blogging business, the upfront cash is very small and if it doesn’t go well, then you’ve only lose a few bucks.
- Extremely leveraged. One of the most powerful aspects of blogging is that it’s completely leveraged. It doesn’t require you to be there to promote your articles. You can spend 1-2 hours writing a good blog post, upload it on the web and it can be read by people all over the world 24/7 days a week. With a traditional business, you have a product you sell manually to someone and open 7-6pm.
- Earning potential for passive income. Passive income is the master goal of any person who wishes to be financially free. If you tap into the blogging business and it grows into a successful high traffic site, then you can easily monetize that traffic into cash. You can easily make money while you sleep because your blog site is working for you.
- Low overheads. Operating a blog site doesn’t require that much capital. All you need is a domain name and hosting account which only costs $80-$100 per year! How good is that?
- Rewards are great. If you really work at it, if you really try hard, if you really push through and if you really stick to it, the rewards are incredible. People who have stuck it through the long term have been rewarded financially.
The disadvantages of the blogging business?
As with all good things, there’s always a few draw backs. Here they are:
- Long time to see massive results. The blogging business is a long term business. It’s DEFINITELY NOT a business where you can get rich quick overnight. If that’s what you’re looking for, the blogging business will not be right for you.
- Must be patient. Since blogging is a long term business, you’ve got to be patient with the results. I remember starting several blog sites a few years ago, it took about 8-10 months to see some decent traffic building up. You have to be patient with the blogging business.
- Must be determined. Can you keep writing every day or most days of the week for 1 year or even 2 years with little results? This is what the business is all about. If you stick to it for the long run, you’ll succeed. You have to be determined.
- Easy out. Since a blogging business is easy to start, it’s also easy to get out as well. Many people will blog a few weeks and give up. It’s very easy to give up and exit from a business that you’ve invested very little capital in.
How to get started blogging
Here’s how you can easily start your own blog.
- Go to www.wordpress.com
- Sign up.
- Fill out the details.
I hope this article was of use to you, if you haven’t got your own blog, now is the time to get started. If you’ve got an existing blog, keep writing into your blog, the world needs to hear from you