If you’re a blogger like me, you’ll come across some great ideas to write in your blog or your projects. Sometimes these ideas come to you only when you’re driving, walking around, or somewhere where there isn’t a handy pen or paper around.
I find that I get the best ideas when I’m out and about and most of the time and the only way I can capture ideas is through my iPhone using the notepad app.
Even though the iPhone is great for capturing ideas, the problem is that sometimes you may not even have your phone with you and it can be quite disorganized to use your phone to hold your great blog post ideas.
One fantastic tool I’ve been using for the past month is Evernote.
What is Evernote?
Evernote is a great application that can be installed on your iPhone, Macbook, PC, Online and iPad. It pretty much covers all computer systems.
The great thing behind Evernote is that you can collect all your ideas and store it in one single location. No matter where you go, you’ll have access to your blog post ideas. It’s like having a big database that can be accessed anytime.
How to use Evernote
My current system of posting ideas onto my blog site is to simply capture them using my iPhone notepad app. The reason why I use the notepad app is that it’s very fast to open and put in information.
At the end of the day, I synchronize with Evernote by transferring the notes over to it. Once I’ve done that, all my devices are synchronized.
You can also log directly into Evernote and store your information there, however it does take a bit of time logging in using the phone’s internet connection.
Therefore I’ve found that it’s much faster using Notepad and at the end of the day, simply transfer it over to Evernote and your blog ideas database is synchronized.
The advantages of using Evernote
There’s so many great advantages of using Evernote.
- You can access your files anywhere, anytime. If you have an Internet connection, all your files are easily accessible. Your notes, pdf files, videos, photos and more. It’s like having a large central computer.
- You back up your files and content online. If you store all your ideas on your iPhone and you lose it, you lose all that valuable information. If you back it up on the Evernote website, it’s stored securely.
- It’s easy to use. Evernote is extremely easy to use. All you need to do is log in, click on the folder or feature you want to access and that’s it. Done.
- It’s free. Well it’s limited. You can get a paid version which entitles you to store many different types of files instead of just notes.
The disadvantages of using Evernote
- You need the internet. Even though you can still access your latest information on your phone, ipad or through the application, if you don’t have the Internet, you can not synchronize with your other devices. However, this is a very minor problem for Internet is readily available nearly anywhere.
- Security. If someone has access to your Evernote login details, they have access to all your files. Therefore it’s a good idea to change your passwords on a regular basis.
If you haven’t used Evernote before, I highly recommend using it. Try installing first and just storing your notes there. The application is extremely powerful and you can store many other types of information on Evernote but if you’re starting out, use the notes feature.